Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Music for your soul




I remember when my parents bought me 'The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill' album when I was 10 years old. It's one of those albums that you can play over and over again and never get tired of it. 12 years later, it still goes hard. I remember singing along and knowing every word to every song but having no clue what she was talking about. Until I grew up some and went through my own experiences with l-o-v-e I appreciate and love her music that much more. Now a days influential artists are hard to find. There are great artists out there don't get me wrong but most of them have lost the truth and emotion in music. Lauryn put everything she had into hers and it's a shame that she hasn't really put anything out since then. All we can do is hope that one day she'll come back to us.

Until then, I guess I'll have to listen to artists like Nikki Minaj... Yea no thanks!

1 comment: